2023 Zhongguancun "Fantaike" Fintech International Innovation Competition - The New International Land-Sea Trade Corridor Special Session is a special competition set up in Chongqing for 2023 Zhongguancun "Fantaike" Fintech International Innovation Competition. It is guided by Chongqing Local Financial Supervision and Administration Bureau, China-Singapore (Chongqing) Demonstration Initiative on Strategic Connectivity Administrative Bureau and Chongqing Big Data Application Development Administration, sponsored by Chongqing Jiangbei District People's Government, Singapore FinTech Association, Blockchain Association Singapore, Zhongguancun Internet Finance Institute and China-Singapore (Chongqing) Demonstration Initiative on Strategic Connectivity Think Tank, co-sponsored by China Singapore FinTech Alliance, Global Fintech Institute, Fintech Professional Committee, and Chongqing Museum of Finance. And specially supported by China-Singapore (Chongqing) Demonstration Initiative on Strategic Connectivity Integrated Services Network and Broker Technology.
The competition gathers underlying technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, digital finance, cloud computing, big data, and 5G. It focuses on financial technology projects applied in areas like intelligent marketing, risk control management, operations management, payment settlement, intelligent investment advising, and wealth management. Through group matches and finals, it selects innovative solutions that can be implemented and replicated. It explores the technologies and applications of technological innovation in the financial development process. It discusses in depth how to build an inclusive and sustainable financial technology ecosystem.
Designed to construct a FinTech ecosystem
Zhongguancun “Fintech” International Innovation Competition 2023 centers on “FinTech Fintech scenarios application” and “FinTech underlying technology”, aiming to promote the the deep combination of finance and technology, effectively assist FinTech enterprises to emerge and obtain innovative entrepreneurial resources support, and finally enable the sustainable development of the FinTech ecosystem.
This year’s competition is conducted sequentially in accordance with registration, preliminaries, competition training camp, group competition, finals and award ceremony.
The competition utilize the ways of online publicity solicitation and targeted invitation to solicit Fintech projects from all over the world. Enterprises that the self-evaluation meet the competition requirements can submit the application form and participation materials to the Secretariat of the Organizing Committee of the competition, and should be responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the information provided.
The Secretariat of the Organizing Committee of the competition is responsible for the examination of the enterprises’ application materials, conducting the preliminary interview of the registered projects in chronological order, and confirming the qualifications of the group competitions for the high-quality enterprises that meet the qualifications.
Based on the principle of supporting technological innovation and emphasizing business application, the competition will set up thematic group competitions according to the application fields of FinTech, and meanwhile open a special group competition for banks (the top three winners will sign on-site contracts with the banks). Enterprises that pass the project preliminaries can participate in the group competitions to be held from June to October 2023, with 8-10 project joining in each competition. The ranking of the competition will be announced at the site, and the top 3 winners of each competition will be selected to enter the finals; the Organizing Committee of the competition invites the regulatory agencies, banks, securities, insurance and other financial institutions, as well as the guests of investment institutions to attend the conference.
To enhance the quality of the competition and the competitiveness of the participating enterprises, this competition will hold a training camp. According to the features of the shortlisted projects in the preliminaries, industry experts, heads of past award-winning enterprises and investment and financing experts will be invited to provide professional guidance and resource sharing for the shortlisted projects.
Finals and Award Ceremony
The finals will be held in mid-to-late November. Enterprises or teams entering the finals will conduct project roadshows, and judges and experts will select the winning projects based on their innovation, feasibility, growth, standardization and project teams conditions. The award ceremony is scheduled to be held in December at the annual meeting of Zhongguancun Fintech Forum.
What's the benefits
Financial and Technology gathered together to discuss the sustainable development of the Fintech ecosystem
National financial institutions and technology enterprises gathered together to discuss the cooperation around FinTech application scenarios, which gives full play to the superiority of science and technology, precisely boost the development of the financial industry, and take the advantage of finance to help the development of science and technology enterprises to form a good FinTech ecosystem.
Authoritative judges and mentors guide and support the whole process
The judges involve experts and scholars in the field of FinTech, executives of financial institutions, executives of large FinTech enterprises, partners of venture capital institutions, heads of financial media, representatives of regulatory agencies and other professionals who deeply explore the cross-cutting fields of science and technology and sustainability, to provide guidance and support for the competition.
Internationalized display stage, direct communication with FinTech professional audience of China, and win the honor of “Fintech Innovation”.
The Organizing Committee will provide an international stage for the finalists to present their final projects at the annual technology event “Zhongguancun Fintech Forum Annual Meeting” and communicate with Chinese fintech professionals face to face.
There will be the first prize, second prize, third prize, award for innovation in fintech technology and for innovation in fintech application.
Fintech Gazelle Program
The competition will launch the FinTech Gazelle Program, which integrates policy services, business support, investment and financing docking, training and guidance, brand promotion, and internationalization, to provide professional services for award-winning entrepreneurial projects through continuous tracking of high-quality projects!
(1) Policy services: Priority to recommend the finals shortlisted enterprises to apply for the following policy services: subsidies for special funds for FinTech, subsidies for rentals in the core area of the national-level FinTech and professional services innovation demonstration zone and the Beijing ChongQing FinTech industrial agglomeration area, and fintech-related application pilots.
(2) Business support: Utilizing the alliance’s professional ability in financial services, we recommend high-quality participating enterprises to participate in 10+10 docking activities and dock with financial institutions in application scenarios.
(3) Investment and financing docking: We provide priority opportunities for projects entering the finals to dock with financial institutions, investment organizations, and special funds for the competition, and provide financing services.
(4) Training guidance: Projects shortlisted for the finals will be qualified for the training camp, and will receive professional guidance from experts from financial institutions, investment institutions, universities and institutes, and successful entrepreneurs.
(5) Brand promotion:Utilizing the publicity advantages of the alliance platform, we will organize relevant media to publicize and report on the winning projects to increase the influence of enterprises and teams in the industry and their social awareness.
(6) Internationalization: We will assist the projects in docking with international resources and overseas business development opportunities.
(7) Funding Matchmaking: Award-winning enterprises will receive higher bank credit and lower interest rates.
This competition is divided into two special competitions, including the FinTech scene application competition (insurance technology, supply chain, scene finance, financial security, etc.) and the FinTech underlying technology competition (artificial intelligence, blockchain, digital finance, cloud computing, big data, 5G, etc.).
The participating enterprises and teams should be mainly engaged in the research, development and application of the underlying key technologies in the field of FinTech, and meet the following conditions:
1. The relevant patents, technologies and products of the participating projects have clear property rights, and there are no property rights disputes;
2. The participating enterprises and teams have good social reputation, compliance management, and no bad records;
3. To reflect the spirit of innovation, the time of enterprise registration or the establishment of incubation project team should not exceed 5 years in principle;
4. The winning projects of the past “FinTech” Competition will not participate in this year competition in principle.
Contact: Mr. Liu